Death Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbarian? What will you be?

4 posters

Go down

Barbarian?  What will you be? Empty Barbarian? What will you be?

Post by Ranthul Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:28 pm

I am thinking of Ranthul the Barbarian, from the frozen tundra, as my character. More strong than smart, but tougher than nails. Anyone else thinking of melee?

My alternate would by Knorric the Dwarven Cleric.

I need to work on the backgrounds a bit, but I am just trying to coordinate some classes here.

Ranthul

Back to top Go down

Barbarian?  What will you be? Empty Re: Barbarian? What will you be?

Post by sarahchristine426 Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Honestly, I'd like to wait and see what everyone else would like to play. It helps me a lot to see what I have to play off of before deciding.
What would your daughter be interested in playing?

sarahchristine426

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:39 pm

Barbarian would of course fill the Front line Melee very well, and from a theme point of view fit in very well in this kind of campaign.

A Dwarven Cleric would round out the Divine Caster role extremely well, and since the campaign is called Death Rising, you would likely get to make frequent use of your channel to kill dead things.

Either are good considerations.

Admin
Admin

https://deathrising.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Castaigne Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:18 pm

I am good for either the trapfinder (rogue/sorcerer, then archaeologist bard, then urban ranger), or healer (my current PC, who somehow managed to survive a TPK, then another cleric of Sarenrae who actually uses a scimitar, then an even more annoyingly upbeat Sunhugger).

However, while it has been made clear that this will be a deadly campaign with many dungeons, I am far more interested in long term character growth and roleplaying, so if I make a fourth character it will be a magus/cleric of Hastur, or maybe a witch modeled on Floki from the vikings TV show, or perhaps a gnome gunslinger/alchemist...

Castaigne

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranthul Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:41 am

I was thinking that if someone takes leadership, my daughter could play that character when she can make it. Sound like a good idea?

Ranthul

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:59 am

Heya, the only issue I see with that, is that Cohorts have a max level of 2 levels lower than the player character, which might not be very fun for your daughter when she shows up. It also addresses the concern that we wouldn't have the full 4 party member roles covered. Also, Leadership cannot be taken until level 7 or 8 I believe.

What might be a better solution is for her to make a character as a full on PC, and to have you run that character for her in combat when she cannot make it.

Has she indicated what role she'd like to play?

Admin
Admin

https://deathrising.iftopic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranthul Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:12 pm

Not yet. I will discuss today.

Ranthul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranthul Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:49 am

Nothing solid yet after talking to Laurel. She had some major homework this week along with golf. I am thinking about how our characters would be connected. She might play the barbarian and I would play either the healer or arcane caster. Either would work. More tomorrow after Laurel and I get some quality time to discuss.

Ranthul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranthul Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Barbarian and Lunar Oracle it is. Working on the sheets since last night.

Ranthul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum